This has happend a couple other times. I bleed for like six months and have big blood clots (vaginal bleeding) . Any ideas why or what should I do?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Vaginal bleeding

Perhaps you have vaginal bleeding that is not related to your cycle.
Go to a gynecologist (g) and have an ultrasound done of your uterus to see if your bleeding is coming from a bleeding fibroid. Have the g go over your hormonal levels and ask for the g's comments. Vaginal bleeding for 6 months is clearly not normal and your vaginal bleeding needs to be evaluated before you become severely anemic.

In brief: Vaginal bleeding

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jane Van Dis