Anxiety over asking for fertility help. Feel inferior. Do I need counseling?

Dr. Nancy Durso
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Maybe

Many times fertility issues in a woman or man are linked to ones feeling of self-esteem. Most fertility doctors and nurses are very sensitive to this and help you to get past it and on to a healthier attitude.
Asking for help is hard until you take the first step. If you're feeling so low that you have feelings of worthlessness or suicide you should seek professional psychiatric help immediately.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Nancy Durso
Dr. Nancy Durso
2 comments
Dr. Michael Traub
It is also very common to be apprehensive but sometimes the mere act of speaking with a fertility specialist and discussing the situation will actually relax you
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Great reply and advice Dr Durso!
Dr. Michael Murray
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Personal choice

What you are feeling is very common.
In fact, all fertility specialists see people coping with fertility issues every day. I suggest first consulting with an expert that specializes only in fertility. Afterwards, if you still want counseling he/she may able to direct you to a therapists that focuses on fertility. You can reverse the order of those visits if that feels right.

In brief: Personal choice

What you are feeling is very common.
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Adam Levy