Does interstitial cystitis of the bladder cause a lot of uti's?

No. Interstitial cystitis is different from a urinary tract infection (uti), although the symptoms can be very similar. A UTI is caused by either a bacterial or fungal infection. These are usually treated with antibiotics or antifungals. Interstitial cystitis is in the spectrum of a pain syndrome. In fact, in order to diagnose interstitial cystitis, you need to first make sure there is not a uti.
No. Interstitial cystitis is a chronic inflammation of the bladder wall. It causes urinary tract infection symptoms but it does not cause infections. It is distinctly different from a UTI in that it is not caused by a bacterial infection. That is part of what makes it ahrd to treat.