I have not been diagnosed with autoimmune disease but drs suspect I have one in the works. Ana +1640 speck sed elevated. Is it safe to take lisonpril?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

Yes it is safe.

Yes it is safe.
Dr. Charles Foulks
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Probably

It depends upon whether you have any kidney involvement with an autoimmune disorder. These disorders can affect the kidneys and can cause problems with potassium secretion.
Lisinopril can worsen that. If your kidney function and potassium are normal, then little to worry about but your kidney function and potassium should be checked within a week of starting Lisinopril just to be safe.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine