Is there an autoimmune disease of the CNS or spine that targets tissue in nerve sheaths, leading to weakening of the sheath, tumor formation in the sheath, and episodic worsening of nerve impairment?

Dr. Bachar Al-Alami
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Neurofibromatosis??

Neurofibromas are benign peripheral nerve sheath tumors that are comprised of a mixture of schwann cells, fibroblasts, and mast cells.

In brief: Neurofibromatosis??

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: None that i know of

Most of your question is encompassed within the working auto immune therories of ms but not tarlov cyst these are best thought of asymptomatic incidental findings in investigational fictional literature referred to as "red herrings " a clue that leads in the wrong direction un my opinion low confidence in cause and effect for tarlov cyst causing symptoms.

In brief: None that i know of