Medications for congestive heart failure for my 82 year old fiance?

Several categories. There are several types of medications that can be used for congestive heart failure. Diuretics help get rid of extra body fluid. Medications that relax the muscle wall of veins and arteries and make it easier to pump blood out of the heart. Digoxin has been thought to help the strength of the heart contraction. Finally beta-blockers may take some strain away form the heart muscle.
Judicious water pill. The most important is salt and water restriction. This will make depending on meds less allowing her doc to reduce doses. Other meds like blood pressure meds may well be needed depending on the exact nature of the case. The big issue, besides salt and water restriction, is to stick to medications and to follow up appointments since adjusting meds may be needed frequently depending on developments.