My doctor has recommended I start taking citalopram for my anxiety. Is it addictive?

No. Simple answer. Start down the path to getting better. Even if it is not ultimately effective for you, begin the process, and do not let your anxiety prevent you from treating your anxiety.
Not Addictive. Citalopram can be very helpful and is not considered addictive or habit forming. If it is helpful (and tolerated) you may need to be on it indefinitely. If you and your physician believe at some time later you should try to stop it, this is usually done by tapering it off. This avoids some discomforting symptoms that occur with abrupt withdrawal.