I had a transverse fracture in the middle of my left humerus 13 weeks ago. Should I persist in trying to let it heal naturally, or have an operation?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: It depends on angle
If it was a simple fracture and the bone was in good alignment, let it heal on its own.
If it was significantly displaced or angulated, a surgical reduction may be needed..But it is now 13 wks out, it is certainly healed/sealed back. So, if xray shows good angle/alignment, you are set, especially if no pain and doing well. Follow up with your ortho for consult if need be.. Good luck.

In brief: It depends on angle
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Jeff Budoff
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Probably get it fixe
If you're losing elbow or shoulder motion, you'd do better with it fixed.

In brief: Probably get it fixe
Dr. Jeff Budoff
Dr. Jeff Budoff
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery