My viral load for chronic hep b is non detectable & tested pos for antibodies. Can i stop taking baraclude (entecavir) and my body clear the virus? If not, why?

Dr. ASHRAF MALEK

In brief: Probably

If your hepatitis b surface antibody is positive and surface antigen negative with non-detectable viral load.
It means you have s antigen seroconversion with medication, which is an excellent response. After you achieve that, continue Baraclude (entecavir) for about 12 months or so then you can stop baraclude (entecavir). But your viral load, s antigen, s antibody needs to be monitored from time to time for relapse.

In brief: Probably

Dr. ASHRAF MALEK
Dr. ASHRAF MALEK
Dr. Andrea Brand