What should I do if I am worried my coworkers will start to resent me for leaving work to pick up my baby?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Family goes first...
Perhaps it would be appropriate when u r offered a job to indicate to them that u have certain issues u do need to take care of and u like to have a flex schedule to accommodate that.

In brief: Family goes first...
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Holly Maes
In brief: Appreciate them
Try to do that little extra once in a while for those co-workers.
Pick up a task they don't like doing. A small note, im or card really goes a long way. If you're not creative, there are cards you can but that say how you appreciate your co-worker. Then write a small " i appreciate all you do for me and my child ____". The knowledge you recognize and appreciate them makes their day.

In brief: Appreciate them
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Jonathan Jassey