I have had red eyes for the past year. They are especially red in the corners, and at the edges. I have also noticed small raised red bumps on edges?

Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Redness

There are many causes of re eyes, the main cause, with no other symptoms like light sensitivity, is dryness.
Symptoms include burning worse at night , scratchy sensation and blurry vision. The treatment is lubricating eye drops; systane, blinks, refresh. The red spots are most likely areas of irritation called pingueculae. Use sunglasses while out doors.

In brief: Redness

Dr. Alan Jackson
Dr. Alan Jackson
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possible causes

There are many causes of redness of the eyes.
Several types of inflammatory conditions, allergic reactions, detergents, chemicals, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause redness of the eyes. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Many possible causes

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat