I am 28 years old. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. I eat a lot, urinate a lot, and feel sick. My weight has dropped from 54.9 kgs to 52.5 kgs in three weeks. Is sudden weight loss after laparoscopy normal?

In brief: NOT NORMAL

Especially that nothing major was found.
I would however rule out diabetes in the first place before checking other things. You lost weight, eat a lot a pee a lot. Have your blood sugar examined first. Same time one could look for thyroid function as well. If all these come out normal and the weight loss continues you need a good diagnostician...

In brief: NOT NORMAL

Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren

In brief: You will be fine

You are loosing weight as you are not eating enough due to your temporary illness , once your abdominal condition ( due to rpt.
Cyst ) and urinary infection clears you will eat better and gain weight, speak to your doctor.

In brief: You will be fine

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Adam Levy