What is ESR blood test? If the ESR value is low, is that mean im totally healthy and do not have any infections or autoimmune disease?

Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: ESR

Esr is erythrocyte a sedimentation rate.
It is an inflammatory marker and indicates degree or level of inflammation and used as a guide for inflammation in diagnosis and follow up for response to treatment . It is a non specific marker and is elevated in inflammatory , infectious, auto immune and other disorders . Esr is always evaluated in conjunction with one's symptoms , signs and disease.

In brief: ESR

Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Dr. Ramachandran Srinivasan
Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Inflammation

It's use is questionable and doesn't add significantly to what the doctor already thinks is going on, in my opinion. It should not be used as assurance of the absence of disease.

In brief: Inflammation

Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Dr. Adam Smith