I have been having cramping in my cervix. I am a female. I have also had a slightly abnormal pap smear results. Is this cervical cancer?

Dr. RADHA SYED
Gynecology

In brief: Cramps and cervix

Cramping from a cervical condition often presents as menstrual cramps associated a heaviness and discomfort in the pelvic area.
Additionally a cervical condition can produce abnormal discharge which may be excessive, watery and tinged with blood.One may also have a post coital bleeding .One needs to be examined, have pap/high risk hpv testing and colposcopy to rule out cancer of cervix.

In brief: Cramps and cervix

Dr. RADHA SYED
Dr. RADHA SYED
Dr. Anne Rodriguez

In brief: Unlikely

Pelvic pain can be a symptom of cervical cancer, but usually when it is more advanced.
You should definitely talk to your doctor about your symptoms and the significance of your abnormal pap smear to see whether or not you need any additional testing, however.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Anne Rodriguez
Dr. Anne Rodriguez
Dr. Marsha Davis