My grandson has boarderline ADHD what are some things should he not eat to come apon it or have it less then normal?

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Several options

I suggest trying to follow the feingold list for several weeks to see if it helps.
The full list can be easily downloaded, easy to follow and will produce results in just a few weeks if child is sensitive. Many kids are sensitive to fluctuations in glucose and making sure they eat regular meals with a protein source can be helpful. Most kids eat heavy on the carbs which is set up for dips.

In brief: Several options

Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: See a nutritionist

There is no simple answer to this question.
Some studies have shown that dietary changes are helpful for children with adhd, and some have shown no effect. It no doubt varies with the individual. It is certainly worth a try to eliminate additives, sugars and preservatives at a minimum (we all should). A nutritionist can give valuable assistance in determining specific sensitivities.

In brief: See a nutritionist

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Eat Healthy

There is no list of good or bad things for adhd.
Often we say to avoid concentrated sugars, as they can give you extra energy you don't need, and cause you to fall off when they are metabolized, but the best advice is to simply eat healthy, and do regular aerobic exercise to burn off the excess energy that kids sometimes accumulate.

In brief: Eat Healthy

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Eric Weisman