I've been dealing with bone marrow edema for a few years and everything we have tried has been futile. I want to play lacrosse what should I do?

Dr. Michael Dugan
Internal Medicine - Hematology

In brief: I am not sure

It looks like you have had some imagng including and mri.
I would think they are looking at cortical bone injury with the potential in a sport like lax. Bm edema is not specific.

In brief: I am not sure

Dr. Michael Dugan
Dr. Michael Dugan
Dr. Richard Popowitz
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Shin splints

Are you referring to bone marrow edema in your shins otherwise know as medial tibial stress syndrome or shin splints.
Have your doctor check your feet to make sure your not missing flat feet which could increase the load to the inside portion of your shins. Simple over the counter orthotics with an arch support could help. Take anti inflammatories and don't play thru pain.

In brief: Shin splints

Dr. Richard Popowitz
Dr. Richard Popowitz
Dr. Robert Keimowitz

In brief: None marrow edema

I am not a hematologist but I am experienced and well trained: i've never heard of that diagnosis! have you had blood tests and a bone marrow aspirate? I hope you'll ask your doctor if she thinks you might benefit from seeing a hematologist.

In brief: None marrow edema

Dr. Robert Keimowitz
Dr. Robert Keimowitz
Dr. Peter Kurzweil