Whenever i see beautiful women i get depressed because my wife is ugly! doctor gave me medicine for obsessive compulsive disorder is it right?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Hmmmm . . .

I agree with drs.
Fowler & jacobson's responses. I'm wondering if your alcohol use might be blurring your vision in more ways than one. Hopefully you'll bring this up with your doctor, since it's essential info for your ongoing care. The other thing i wonder is: what does your wife see, when she looks at you? People can torment each other in all kinds of ways, but i wish you both good health.

In brief: Hmmmm . . .

I agree with drs.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
The song says: "if you want to be happy for the rest of your like, make and ugly woman your wife." I suggest therapy to find out why you married her in the first place.

In brief: Are your thoughts

About your wife being ugly part of an obsessive compulsive disorder? Why do you drink so much alcohol if you are on a psychiatric medication? You might also consider cognitive behavioral therapy to help change your attitudes/ thoughts that cause you to suffer.

In brief: Are your thoughts

Dr. Emma Rishton
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Beauty

Beauty is subjective.
Some people get into relationships idealizing the other in their looks, thoughts, habits etc. The reality is that every one of us has moments of ugliness in all those areas. If your wife is not conventionally beautiful (by your standards)she still has beautiful aspects, just as you have beautiful aspects. Your relationship needs help. Best to both of you.

In brief: Beauty

Beauty is subjective.
Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: Add in CBT

I think looking at your alcohol use would be helpful.
There is more here than meets the eye. See a therapist who does cbt, work on alcohol issues, and work on what triggered your attraction to your wife in the first place. Open up to your therapist also if there is a porn addiction lingering in the background. Also, time to see what you bring to the marriage as well, without being dishonest

In brief: Add in CBT

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson