I have apnea and hypopnea. My doctor told me that the only solution is to put the cpap machine. Is this true?

NO. According to the american academy of sleep medicine guidelines, you should be presented with all your options which includes oral appliances that keep the airway open. Other strategies are; weight loss, changing sleep positions, and surgery.
He is right but if. You are obese, weight loss is the ultimate treatment.
No. Depends on your osa severity. There are alternative treatment options such as oral appliance, surgery, and negative pressure therapy such as the winx system. Speak to a board certified fellowship trained sleep specialist.
No. According to 2006 american academy of sleep medicine practice parameters, oral appliances are indicated for use in patients with mild or moderate obstructive sleep apnea who prefer them over CPAP and should be completed by a dentist with advanced training in sleep medicine.
Nope. You probably have obstructive sleep apnea, much more common than central apnea (where one "forgets to breathe"). The only real treatment for central apnea is cpap, and while osa is treated with great success with CPAP too, other treatments for osa include weight loss and surgery to open the airway (up3, tongue base reduction, septoplasty, etc.). Talk with an ENT surgeon to assess your candidacy.
YES and NO. The CPAP machine and the many variations of CPAP are the "gold standard" of care for sleep apnea. But many people can't tolerate the machines for a variety of reasons including comfort, claustrophobia, etc. I get a lot of referrals from sleep specialists in the quad cities to make these patients oral mouthpieces, designed to bring the mandible forward and hold it there which opens up the airway.