Does the knee cap rest on your mensicus?

Knee cap. The knee cap ("patella") is the round 2-3" piece of bone directly in front of the knee joint. It does not rest against the meniscus. The menisci are twin cartilagous structures that extend from the back of the knee joint to the front of the knee joint along the lateral and medial sides of the knee joint.
No. The knee cap or patella glides in the trochlear groove of the femur. The meniscus is not in this area of the knee. Regarding the meniscus: on the inside (medial) and outside (lateral) compartments of the knee the medial and lateral menisci are "c" shaped pads that are located between the femoral condyles and tibial plateaus.