Had high uric acid, but my gp say its not gout as both my feet aren't swollen. I had a X-ray taken with no bone fractures, but the pain won't go away.

In brief: Did you

If u had blood work with high uric acid and it doesn't have to be swollen on both feet to have to have gout.
Might want another opinion. Why did your doc say it wasn't gout.

In brief: Did you

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
2 comments
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Many causes for hyperuricemia. Most not producing gout. Rheumatologist will be helpful
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Your statement is not accurate, Dr Bowman. Gout is an intensely inflammatory arthritis. No inflammation, no acute gout.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Gout is diagnosed

Via aspiration of monosodium urate crystals.
Neither elevated uric acid levels or bony changes of xray are diagnostic for the condition. They merely give clues.....Definitive diagnosis is best. It is not common to have gout in two feet at the same time. You should be specific in telling us where your foot pain is......

In brief: Gout is diagnosed

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Peter Kurzweil