Went to see a gp last week, blood test shows high uric acid. My gp says it's not gout, but the pain at both my feet won't go away...Why is this so?

A few things. Hyperuricemia is present in more than gout. To definitively diagnose gout, you need to aspirate the joint and look at the crystals under a polarized microscope. On x-ray, a + martel's sign is distinctive in gout. Also if you take colchicine, and your pain is relieved you can presumptively diagnose gout. Most cases of gout involve one joint, but this is not an absolute.
Gout. Gout can cause pain in your big toe as well as your feet, ankles, knees, hands & wrists (and more). It can also be bilateral. I will refer this question to dr. Namey, to get an expert opinion for you. Take care.