At my daughters 4 month well visit, her doc asked to get skull X-ray suspecting a small anterior fontanelle. It was a small since birth, so i worry?

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Small fontanelle

As long as the skull is growing normally i wouldnt be concerned about the size of the fontanelle.

In brief: Small fontanelle

In brief: Size not the issue

The fontanelle size is not as important as the behavior of the bones of the skull.
It can be as small as an pea or as large as an orange, and eventually turn out fine.I suspect the doc was concerned that the skull bones might try to fuse up too soon, which xrays can detect and is a problem if found.

In brief: Size not the issue

Dr. Shontae Buffington