Can a chest CT scan rule out lung cancer? I have pain in shoulder/clavicle. X ray and CT clear. Pain persists along with sore sternum/throat.

Yes. A chest ct is a very good test for finding lung cancer because it looks inside the lungs. The shoulder/clavicle pain could be coming from the spine in your neck. If you still have pain, see your doctor again.
In most cases. While it's true that no test is 100%, ct's are very sensitive and specific. Especially in your case -where you're dealing with significant symptoms - a space-occupying lesion would be detectable if generating that much discomfort.