Some times I have small amount of blood in my ear with a very small amount in my nose. Any idea what would cause this?

Dr. Gregory Boger
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Dryness or trauma

Agree with the previous answer. You should avoid using q tips in your ears.
Try white vinegar and alcohol drops. If the ear itches, try a drop of baby oil. For a dry nose with occasional blood when you blow it, try using some neosporin ointment applied inside with a q tip. If things aren't better after a week then see your doctor to exclude a more serious problem.

In brief: Dryness or trauma

Dr. Gregory Boger
Dr. Gregory Boger
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Trauma, dryness

Blood in the ear is often due to qtip use.
These scratch the ear canal and can cause bleeding or infection. If you have blood but do not use qtips or anything else in your ears, you should have your doctor take a quick look.

In brief: Trauma, dryness

Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology