My doctor is putting me on monthly cyclophosphamide (cytoxan) via iv. What am I to expect?

Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Hi, cytoxan is considered a chemotherapeutic agent that is sometimes uses in cycles to treat malignancies. Since I do not know what the physician is treating, it is difficult to know whether you are getting a high dose for a short time or a low dose. Please consult your oncologist re; what are the typical side effects for your treatment. I can give you a better ans, with more info.
Continuation. Common side effects of cyclophosphamide: nausea and vomiting hair loss low blood counts bladder irritation and bleeding increased risk of infection fatigue rash mucous mebrane irritation many others but may have none of them.
Depends on dose. What is the reason for the cytoxan (cyclophosphamide)? I'm guessing lupus or ra. (it could matter, especially your blood counts are low to begin with.) depending on the dose, you might experience any of the many possible side effects. With low-dose, you may not have any problems. You should know that it is also available orally, but has the same side effects. Some of the more common include: (to be continued).