Some times I have small amount of blood in my ear with a very small amount in my nose. Any idea what would cause this?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Finger - Q-tip

I would stop traumatizing your ear canal with q-tips if you use them to clean your ear. I imagine, as well, you may be causing some trauma to the nose when you clean your nose.
Clean your nose in a moist environment (shower) or use saline. Avoid using abrasive tissue/blowing your nose without saline.

In brief: Finger - Q-tip

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Dryness

A common reason for minimal blood from the ear is dry skin.
The external ear canal is skin lined and if it becomes very dry, for example, by compulsive cleaning with a q-tip, it may lead to small amount of bleeding. Similarly, a dry nasal mucous membrane may also bleed. Obviously, you need a diagnosis, but for starters, try mineral oil for the ear and saline irrigations for the nose.

In brief: Dryness

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel