I am 40yrs old and suffer from rhythmic movement disorder for over 30 yrs. It is starting to really interfere with my life and sleep. Any advise?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: RMD

I don't know what you've tried.
Trials of tricyclics or benzodiazepines can be helpful. Behavioral therapy and hypnosis have also proven helpful and CPAP in cases where sleep apnea is present. The Requip (ropinirole) class of meds has not been shown to offer any relief. I hope this helps. Seeing a sleep specialist with a neurological or psychiatric background is likely to be most helpful.

In brief: RMD

I don't know what you've tried.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor

In brief: Tremors

Do you mean tremors.
? If tremors there are medications which can help with that. It also depends on the kind of tremor.

In brief: Tremors

Do you mean tremors.
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
PCP &/or sleep specialist may be able to pin down cause(s) to better direct treatment.