Thyroid cancer: what are the odds they have the diagnosis wrong?

Who diagnosed? If a pathologist made the diagnosis, the odds of wrong diagnosis are very very low. Denial by the patient is far more likely than wrong diagnosis by a pathologist.
How was Dx made? The statistical measure of an inaccurate test result is a false positive test. The incidence of false (+) following a fine-needle thyroid biopsy can be quite high depending on the findings. However, if this DX was established following thyroid surgery, the rate of false (+) is less-than 1%. If you need reinforcement, your doctor can request a second opinion from a different pathologist.
Depends on the bx. If the diagnosis was made after thyroidectomy - the chances are not high that they got it wrong, unless the pathologist is not used to looking at thyroid specimens. I have had them mistake hashimotos' thyroiditis for follicular carcinoma. This is easily cleared up by sending the slides to an academic or outside consultation. Papillary carcinoma is usually pretty clear on microscopic exam.