With mitral valve repair, when does the slight leakage start.?

Immediately & can . Occur long term as well...But that doesn't mean it's bad if small which is common.
Varies. Almost all mitral valves will occasionally leak - even without surgery. This is a function of many variables, including heart rate, volume status, rhythm, and so forth. Many people who have mitral surgery become fixated on the fact that they have some leakage. This is an unhealthy fixation, since it is so common and usually of no consequence. You should leave the worry to your cardiologist!