Psychatrist prescribed me combo of wellbutrin (bupropion) 150mg and waklert(nuvigil) 50 mg for depression and feeling sleepy.Is it a valid combo?

In brief: It can be

...But is it helping you? Pharmacologically, it is not an incorrect combination, clearly geared towards keeping you awake.
But is this daytime sleepiness just depression? Many other conditions can cause this, narcolepsy and sleep apnea being just a few examples. I think you need a thorough evaluation looking for other possible causes.

In brief: It can be

Dr. Christine Forest
Dr. Christine Forest
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Also the Nuvigil dose is way too low to be helpful.
Dr. Jonathan Shedler
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Worth a 2nd opinion

I can see the logic.
Wellbutrin (bupropion) is a common antidepressant and a sensible choice when there is fatigue or lethargy, because it is often activating. 150mg is a lower dose. Nuvigl is for sleepiness, e.g., narcolepsy. It is not a standard treatment for depression. The real question is what is causing sleepiness. My concern would be whether your doctor is treating the symptom rather than the cause.

In brief: Worth a 2nd opinion

I can see the logic.
Dr. Jonathan Shedler
Dr. Jonathan Shedler