I'm pregnant woman can I use nexium (esomeprazole)?

Dr. Ravinder Nagpaul

In brief: Probaly yes

It is safe, but not adequately tested in pregnancy however prolonged use more than a year make you more prone to osteoporosis and fractures.
For a short term to subside the symptoms of heart burn in pregnancy, is safe most likely.

In brief: Probaly yes

Dr. Ravinder Nagpaul
Dr. Ravinder Nagpaul
Dr. Jane Van Dis

Better is to try antiacids like Tums or rolaids first, then zantac (ranitidine) or Pepcid and if those types of medication dont' work, then consider a proton pump inhibitor. Talk with your doctor first about your heartburn so he/she can know what you're experiencing and guide you as well. Best of luck!

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham