I am 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I take prontogest, duphastone, folic acid and spazmocure when needed. What can I do about my asthma without adding any drugs?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Oxygen best for baby

You don't list any asthma drugs.
If you are having symptoms of asthma - cough, wheeze, difficulty breathing - you may be depriving your fetus of oxygen. The side-effects of not enough oxygen is impaired fetal growth, development, premature birth & stillbirth. In 30 years I have never seen an adverse effect of asthma medications on pregnancy. Talk to your ob/gyn & an allergist or pulmonologist.

In brief: Oxygen best for baby

You don't list any asthma drugs.
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Avoid

Any triggers that you know will kick off your asthma.
That is about all you can do. If you know you are allergic to dust make sure all filters in your home are changed, one thing often overlooked.

In brief: Avoid

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. John Chiu

In brief: No other way

You should consult an allergist as soon as you can since poorly controlled asthma poses risk to both the baby and the pregnant mother. You need drugs at least fro now.

In brief: No other way

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Jane Van Dis