My MRI results say chondromalacia involving the medial femoral condyle as well as the central trochlear groove also joint effusion what does this mean?

Cartilage injury. Chondromalacia is damage to the cartilage surfaces of joints. In the knee it's similar to the wearing away of tire treads. This can cause inflammation which can produce increased fluid in the knee (effusion). If you have minimal pain and no locking, strengthening your thigh and leg muscles is recommended. Icing and anti inflammatories and pt can be helpful. Arthroscopy is recommended with locking.
Arthritis. These findings suggest early arthritis with cartilage wear and defects developing in two areas of the knee with fluid swelling in the knee currently. This could be hereditary arthritis or post-traumatic.
Worn cartilage. Effusion: fluid in joint. Chondromalacia is wearing down of cartilage similar to tread wear on your car tires. The 1-4 "grade" signifies to what extent the cartilage is worn down. My first approach with these pts is nsaids (aleve, Motrin etc) and physical therapy.