Will my acne ever get better if I start washing face with soap like mom says?

In brief: It helps
Acne is a common event in teens and some older patients.
Accumulation of body oils,grime and germs aggravate the condition. Overgrowth of skin cells that block the oil glands can be reduced by regular skin wash, often made more effective by acne face wash.Washing your face is unlikely to "cure" acne,not doing so can make it worse.

In brief: It helps
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Need meds
Washing alone will not address hormones that contributes to acne.
Over the counter products will help along with healthy diet that avoids sugar and simple carbs. Creams containing salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or sulfur are available over the counter to help clear your a ne. Stronger crea, s are available from your doctor.

In brief: Need meds
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Marsha Davis