How does the measles virus enter the fetus ?

In brief: Via the placenta
The only potential entry point for measles virus to a fetus is the shared blood supply with the mother (placenta/umbilical cord).
Other potential invaders are kept out by the membranes that surround the fetus and the womb. For this reason, only a mother who becomes infected with measles during pregnancy can have a baby affected by the measles virus. If mom is immune, the fetus cannot get it.

In brief: Via the placenta
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Uncertain
It is not entirely clear what the portal of entry of the virus is, even though it appears to gain entry via the upper respiratory tract.
It may get into the fetus by infected cells carried through the placenta, but this, to my knowledge, is not entirely clear.

In brief: Uncertain
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Vicken Poochikian