Can you get diverticulitis from a bowel perforation during a hysterectomy?

Not likely. Diverticulosis is when you have pouches form in the wall of the colon; it usually develops slowly w/ age. It may be genetic, related to constipation or to a low fiber diet. Diverticulitis is when 1 of these pouches gets inflamed & infected, leading to pain, fever, obstruction, bleeding & abscesses. This doesn't usually result from surg trauma, but the symptoms can be similar to a perforation.
No. Unrelated. Diverticulitis is a condition not related to previous trauma or perforation. It is related with genetic predisposition, constipation and diet.