Is it possible to get genital piercing done under general anesthesia or should I just take a local?

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management
In brief: Sorry!
But if are nuts enough to get your genitals pierced, do not compound the potential complications with general anesthesia.
Local anesthesia is all you should need. Better idea: don't pierce the sensitive areas...Ever! no need.

In brief: Sorry!
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Local
Do it under local.
General anesthesia requires a lot of equipment to monitor your heart and breathing. It also requires the services of a doctor or crna in a hospital or medical office. Doing a piercing under general anesthesia is unnecessary and the anesthesia itself would cost several times more than the piercing alone. Local is sufficient.

In brief: Local
Do it under local.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: Local
I would be difficult to get anyone to give you a general anesthetic for this procedure.

In brief: Local
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Phillip Frist
Dentistry
In brief: Think Twice
Why do you want to do this to your body? Please see a spychologist and try to find out why you want to be destructive to your body and why you would want to inhibit and organ that was designed to give you an ultimate pleasure and gratification.
Please think twice and see a competent professional. Don't be influenced by your peers. They may not be there tomorrow but your piercing will.

In brief: Think Twice
Dr. Phillip Frist
Dr. Phillip Frist
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Why?
General anesthesia will not be offered.
Ga needs to be done under the care if an anesthesiologist. If you feel the need to get your genitals pierced then feel lucky if you even get local anesthetic. I have never heard of any anesthetic being given.

In brief: Why?
General anesthesia will not be offered.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
In brief: Genital Piercings
Are not done under general anesthesia.
General anesthesia is used for medical procedures. If you pierce through your glans penis it may interrupt flow of urine. If you are not circumscribed it can prevent the foreskin from falling back into place once retracted. Penile rings can cause erections that do not resolve and require emergency medical care. An infection from your piercing can travel.

In brief: Genital Piercings
Are not done under general anesthesia.
through out the rest of your body & may sometimes be lethal. I would ask yourself if it is worth the risk before you proceed.