When i was 13 years old i had a benign tumor removed from my chin containing bone and hair. Now, an adult woman, i grow hair on my chin. Told it is pcos, but wondering whether the two can be related.

Dr. Kenneth Crabb

In brief: Highly unlikely

Hair growth is generally found in women with somewhat elevated testosterone or androstenedione.
This is most often found to be from pcos. This is not related to your earlier tumor. This can be treated with medications. Please consult your gynecologist.

In brief: Highly unlikely

Dr. Kenneth Crabb
Dr. Kenneth Crabb
2 comments
Dr. Sudhir Bansal
The tumour removed sounds like a dermis which is unrelated to the hair growth of PCOS
Dr. Bharathi Vayuvegula
Agree , that the tumor removed could be dermoid tumor
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: No

The two are not related.
The childhood tumor was congenital and the pcos is a metabolic syndrome and hormone related.

In brief: No

The two are not related.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Adam Levy