Since starting xyrem my teeth are in an incredible amount of pain! any idea if it's the sodium or unrelated? Air even hurts them- what do I do?!

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Unrelated

Unless you are also clenching or grinding your teeth unconsciously during the day or at night when you would not be aware of such a habit.
I know of no reason to directly attribute your tooth pain to taking xyrem. I would see your own dentist for a complete and thorough dental exam.

In brief: Unrelated

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Xylem

Dental pain not listed as a side effect for this anti-narcolepsy medication.
You need to do 2 things. First, report your symptoms to your prescribing physician. Second, see your Dentist for a comprehensive examination.

In brief: Xylem

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman