Ear pain infection problems and treatement?

Ear Pain Adults. Ear pain In adults is a common problem Often the cause is 'otitis externa' which is an inflammation of the ear canal (sometimes with infection) It often starts with the canal being itchy or after getting the ear wet e.g. after a lot of swimming. It can be VERY painful, so taking medicines like paracetamol +/- ibuprofen can help Treatment is by keeping the ear dry +/-drops prescribed by a Dr.
Ear infections. Hello, ear infections are divided into external, middle and inner ear as to the location of the problem. Outer ear infections could be bacterial or fungal. Middle ear are usually bacterial or viral while inner ear infections are usually viral. Therapy depends on the location of the infection, culture results and severity.