I can't fall asleep at all no matter how much I try. Do I have insomnia or just too much going on?

Sleep. I agree w dr. Brodner. Here are some additional sleep hygiene tips. 1. Keep a regular bedtime & wakening time (to include weekends). Get up the same time each day, regardless of what time you fell asleep. 2. Make a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Relaxing rituals prior to bedtime may include a warm bath or shower, aroma therapy, reading, or listening to gentle music. 3. Sleep in a dark, .
Actually, both. Difficulty falling asleep is a common form of insomnia. The problem is often caused by the sufferer ruminating over the everyday issues and stressors that plague us all, instead of allowing the brain to 'relax' and drift off to sleep. The solution? Reserve 15 minutes prior to bedtime to review all of your problems. After this 'worry time', then relax (no TV and no more worry!) and sleep.