Wife jus told she has this considered a "high risk" pregnancy?

Common label. This is not a very helpful label. It is randomly applied to anyone with even a remote increase in associated problems during pregnancy, labor & or delivery. It is applied to anyone with a past premi, is over 35, has high blood pressure whether or not it is controlled, has diabetes of pregnancy. etc. It is not an implication that terrible things are expected. It alerts the staff to stay alert.
Need to Ask Why. If you are not clear, you need to ask the doctor what the concerns are. There are many variables that create this situation often regarding mom's health.