Is it hay fever or seasonal allergy worse?

In brief: Both the same

These terms are use for essentially the same process.
I don't know many people who hang around "hay" to get their hay fever, although there can be a lot of moldy or allergenic stuff in hay. The term evolved to mean the same thing as seasonal allergy.

In brief: Both the same

Dr. Steven Machtinger
"Hay fever" was first described as a medical condition in the 19th century. Patients developed sneezing, runny nose & itchy eyes in late August to mid-September, the time when hay was cut on farms. It wasn't until the 1960s that ragweed was identified as the cause of hay fever. "Rose" fever is due to grass not rose pollen. In the 19th century a "fever" meant any inflammation not necessarily an infection.
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Same

Hay fever is the term for fall season allergy and rose fever is spring seasonal allergy.
They are the same thing.

In brief: Same

They are the same thing.
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Cindy Juster