My son has pancreatic cancer which is also in the liver. The liver tumor is small. They found no other places with cancer. Why not remove liver tumor?

Depends. It really depends on type of cancer. Adenocarcinoma is not resectable once outside the pancreas because there are other areas that u can't see yet. If it is neuroendocrine tumor then surgery is an option. Also liver lesion needs to be biopsied or pet positive to reliably say that there is cancer there. Get another opinion.
Need more info.. Very sorry to hear about your son. The primary treatment of pancreas cancer is to surgically remove the origin of the cancer (pancreas). If the cancer has spread away from the pancreas (liver) then the origin of the cancer is not likely surgically resectable & just removing a portion of the liver will not be of benefit without removing pancreas. See medical oncology for treatment options first.
Pancreatic cancer. The patient is entitled to another opinion. Cancer centers will render an opinion.