How can I get rid of my colitis?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Depends

A complete and correct diagnosis of colitis, depending on the cause is best treated with proper medication and diet and close follow up with your doctor. But the first step is making the correct diagnosis.
Colitis is a general term meaning inflammation of the colon. There are numerous types and causes and different treatments, so get to a specialist.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan

In brief: Depends

Colitis is a general term used to describe irritation of the colon.
Bad food, infection, immunologic problem, growth (benign or malignant), or even adjacent organ inflammation can cause colitis. You should visit your doctor first before seeking treatment options.

In brief: Depends

Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. Steven Seres