I was in psychotherapy for over a year. Why was I still having pain if it was psychologically induced? in fact, my therapist thinks the pain is somehow psychological but he has never heard of tms.

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: TMS
If you meant tension myositis syndrome (tms), then it is mostly back pain of psychosomatic origin.
The symptoms include pain, stiffness, tingling, numbness & weakness. The tx involves education, resuming normal life styles , support groups & psychotherapy.

In brief: TMS
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. John Sarno's work @ http://www.healingbackpain.com/ has been useful for many people -- he also wrote "Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection."
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Pain where?
Where is the pain coming from? It is tough to answer since there is not much information provided.
Tms helps with depression so are you referring to depression and pain? Repost with further details or leave a comment to answer you further.

In brief: Pain where?
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Steven Reidbord
In brief: Many causes
A failed psychotherapy can have many causes: poor doctor-patient match, therapist failure, patient too defended, the pain serves a psychological purpose that's hard to give up, etc.
Maybe one year wasn't enough. Or maybe the pain wasn't psychological after all. Really can't be answered without knowing specifics. I'm unclear what tms, a brain treatment for depression, has to do with this.

In brief: Many causes
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord