Symptoms of severe depression?

Severe depression. Loss of interest in things you previously enjoyed; sad mood most days; changes in appetite (either less or more); changes in energy (lethargic and flat, or anxious/agitated); changes in sleep (either too much, or disturbed -- especially with early morning awakening). Extremely negative thoughts about self & others; intense guilt; suicidal thoughts, etc. Psychiatrists & psychologists can help.
Good to be concerned. Loss of appetite, lossof weight, poor sleep, lack of interest in any activity, lack of enthusiasm, lack of pleasure, severe guilt, self depreciation, worthlessness, hopelessness, suicidal ideation, gestures and suicidal behavior.