Why are my floaters spreading from my bad eye to my other which had pvd?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: New event
The floaters in the one eye will stay there and there is no passageway to the other eye that they can traverse.
If you have new floaters in the other eye it may be a new PVD but could also be another problem. You should see your ophthalmologist to have this sorted out.

In brief: New event
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology
In brief: Floaters
It sounds as if you have had a posterior vitreous detachment in both eyes.
This is a situation where the vitreous(jelly) of the eye detaches (not a retinal detachment), it then "crumples" up leaving dots, spots, strands of blurry vitreous; "floaters". You should have an exam to ensure the incident did not tear the retina, which could lead to a retinal detachment. It did not spread.

In brief: Floaters
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology