What gives the most relief from fibromyalgia? Pills, pt, yoga?

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Combination

Perhaps all three.
Some medications such as Lyrica (pregabalin) may help control symptoms, but regular exercise, stretching, and yoga may all be of benefit. Most patients do better with a variety of treatments.

In brief: Combination

Perhaps all three.
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

I would put pills at the bottom and any type of physical activity at the top.
Whether a pt or yoga program is better is tough to say. Each has its pluses and minuses. I generally try to find what works best for each individual. Sometimes we do both. The pills work only marginally well in my opinion and often stop working after a while. They also tend to have a lot of side effects.

In brief: See below

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

All three are great options and can be used in combination.

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Multimodality Rx

Multimodality treatment may be needed then one single treatment modality.
The combination of pain control management, improvement of sleep and digestion, balance diet with good elimination, moderate exercise pt, yoga, breathing exercise or pranayama , relaxation, meditation. As stress, anxiety-depression & anger is important part and its managment further helps.

In brief: Multimodality Rx

Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. David Hardin
Wound care

In brief: All of the may

Unfortunately not enough is known about fibromyalgia yet so like all of medicine we cannot predict that one thing works better on each individual in advance best is a comprehensive program with fibromyalgia medications pt aerobic exercise (walking) and relaxation yoga would be good for relaxation but excessive posturing held for long periods might be harmful so go easy o the yoga at first.

In brief: All of the may

Dr. David Hardin
Dr. David Hardin
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham