Been diagnosed w/ both TMJ & eustachian tube dysfuntion. How can one tell the difference in what problem an ear pain goes to?

See TMJ expert. It is possible but unlikely both TMJ and ET dysfunction are both present. Likely TMJ with secondary ear symptoms. See a TMJ expert for evaluation.
It is difficult. It is very difficult for a patient to be able to diagnose the difference. Both the ataj problem eustacian tube dysfunction can impact the area of the 'ear' with pain. Leave it to your md and dentist to figure out the best treatment for you!
Ear pain. Careful clinical exam will separate the two though there are overlapping features.